How is your smile holding up during the holiday festivities? Here are some pointers for having a healthy smile throughout the party season.
- Keep your mouth as clean as you can. This means cleaning in-between your teeth every day with something; floss, toothpicks, Soft Picks by GUM or flosser-picks.
- Be careful of very hard candies and peanut brittle, if you have a tooth that is already weakened by large fillings, it can break off if you bite down in just the right spot.
- Brush at least two times every day! This will keep the bacteria “moving” so they don’t get a chance to cause disease.
- Clean the top of your tongue–bacteria set up shop there just like they do around your teeth and gums. A plastic tongue cleaner is more effective than your toothbrush.
- Of course, get your rest and physical activity to keep your whole body ticking!
Schedule a smile maintenance to make sure that gum disease is not creeping up on you. Early detection and treatment can help you save your teeth and your smile!